GIGG (Growing in God’s Grace) is the name of the First Lutheran confirmation program. It is for youth in the sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth grade.
GIGG is based on building relationships with God, peers and adult Guides. GIGG meets on Wednesday evenings — September to May — from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. A congregational meal, open to ALL, is served from the church kitchen prior to GIGG from 6-6:30 p.m. on all lesson nights, but NOT on service/fellowship dates (see GIGG schedule). Families involved in GIGG take turns preparing the meal; others, including Fun at Church (FAC) participants, are welcome to help prepare and serve. A free offering is received for the meal.
The GIGG opening at 6:30 includes a short and informal worship service which is open to anyone – not just GIGG students. GIGG includes a mixture of lessons, service projects, and fellowship events for the students and their guides. An adult GIGG GUIDE works with each GIGG small group. A typical lesson night includes the opening worship, followed by a lesson led by the pastor. After the lesson the students break into small groups with their GIGG Guide. In the small groups they discuss topics ranging from that night’s lesson, highs and lows of their week, to current issues. The evening concludes with a prayer. Throughout the year there are various dates when we do service/fellowship activities to put our faith into practice. Contact the pastor or church office if you have questions about GIGG.
Click here to download and print the 2017-2018 GIGG Registration form.
Notes to Remember:
1. Meal begins at 6:00 p.m.
2. GIGG Lesson begins at 6:30 p.m.
4. No Meal or Worship on Service/Fellowship nights
5. * Ecumenical Lenten Worship @ 7:30 p.m. -
Mar. 21 Lesson 17 – The Neighbor *
Mar. 25 Palm Sunday Brunch – All Houston students needed!
Mar. 28 4:30 p.m. Feed My Starving Children 6-7:30 @ Chanhassen
April 4 Lesson 18 – Grace
April 11 Lesson 19 – The Word
April 18 Lesson 20 – Bondage of the Will
April 25 6 p.m. – Service/Fellowship Project – Adopt-A-Highway – MEAL at Pizza Ranch
May 2 FINAL EXAM and GIGG POTLUCK
May 9 6 p.m. GIGG Guides meeting #4 – NO GIGG
|Mar. 21||M & T Sullivan|
|April 4||Graff & Tully/Kleschult|
|April 11||Borth & Sater|
|April 18||Flores/Gonzalez & Greisen|
If you cannot acolyte when you are scheduled, please switch with someone. If possible, let the church know of the change. (665-2615)
Reminders for Acolytes:
- Be at church at least 10 minutes before the worship service begins.
- When you get to church, put on the acolyte robe immediately.
- Check to make sure there is enough wick in the candle lighting sticks.
- While seated in front of the congregation, please act appropriately.
- Communion is offered the first & third Sunday of each month. Acolytes will be needed to assist in the distribution of the Lord’s Supper. The acolytes will come forward with the other communion assistants. They will be given a tray to hold empty cups. When people are done communing, they will place their empty cup in your tray.
REMEMBER – YOU ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE WORSHIP SERVICE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND COOPERATION.
Sun, March 25, 2018 8:00 am: Erica S, Katie K 10:30 am: Skylar B, Malik G
Thurs, March 29, 2018 7:30 pm: Cooper V, Darbi D
Sun, April 1, 2018 8:00 am: David Z, Sami P 10:30 am: Kylie G, Gage G
Sun, January 28, 2018 8:00 am: Emily S, Anna S 10:30 am: Mia S, Lucy K
Sun, April 8, 2018 8:00 am: 10:30 am: