The Global Health Ministries is one of the projects identified by the Christian Education Team for God’s Work. Our Service. Sunday. The HIV/AIDS Epidemic has added enormous challenges to health care worldwide. Missionaries, their health care worker colleagues, and patients’ families in third world countries must provide daily care to AIDS patients who suffer from the symptoms of a devastating, end stage disease. There is pain, nausea, diarrhea, and skin eruptions to name a few. It is not a disease we can ignore and it is not going away.
How can we help?
By creating this AIDS/Hospice Kit, we can provide cleanliness and comfort to someone who is suffering. By enclosing a devotional booklet in this kit, we can provide comfort and hope. And through our prayers and generosity, we can reach far into the lives of those who have been affected.
Please help supply First Lutheran with these items so on Sunday, February 7th we can assemble the kits and pack them to be shipped. A sign up in the Gathering Area will help us keep track of the donations and what we have a need for. Thank you!
New or gently used items:
- 1 regular size bath towel
- 1 wash cloth
- 1 bath-size bar of hand soap (wrapped) – any brand
- 1 toothbrush, single & in original packaging
- 1 toothpaste (size medium or large, or two small sample size – any brand)
- 1 “pick” comb
- 1 nail clipper
- 6 Band-Aids
- 1 jar or tube of petroleum jelly, 4 oz or more
- 1 pair of heavy-duty household gloves (kitchen type, size medium)
- 1 small devotional booklet (eg. “Portals of Prayer” or “Christ in our Home”)