About the Program:
- The Scholarship program is open to all graduating high school seniors who are members of First Lutheran Church, Le Sueur and will be attending a four-year college or university or a community college or trade school.
A) Recipient(s) for the First Lutheran Church Scholarship will be selected by the First Lutheran Scholarship Committee consisting of six members of First Lutheran Church, one of whom shall be selected Chairman. When possible, awards will be announced at the spring high school honors program.
B) Recipient for the Donna Johnson Memorial Scholarship will be selected by a Selection Committee consisting of: the Pastor, Church Council President, First Lutheran Scholarship Committee Chair, Church Treasurer and a Donna Johnson family member. When possible, awards will be announced at the spring high school honors program.
- Two Scholarships are available and applicants may and are encouraged to apply to both however, an individual is only eligible to receive one scholarship.
- a. First Lutheran Church Scholarship is an annual scholarship. The number and amount of individual scholarships will be determined by the amount of funds available.
- b. Donna Johnson Memorial Scholarship is an annual, non-renewable award for $5,000 and will be given to one individual.
- How to Apply:
- The Paper application must be neatly and accurately completed and received in the church office on or before April 6. Incomplete applications may not be considered by the Scholarship Team.
- The Online application must be neatly and accurately completed and submitted on or before April 6. Incomplete applications may not be considered by the Scholarship Team.
- A personal statement must be included as part of the application (This is section #III on the online application)
- A letter of recommendation is required. (section #IV) Choose someone who knows you very well and give them the link to complete the submission of recommendation online. Please refrain from asking the pastor, a family member or relative to complete the letter.
- #V The Donna Johnson memorial Scholarship. The selection criteria for this scholarship will be first– Priority for a first generation student to college, second – Financial need, third – Grade Point Average and then the remaining items that the First Lutheran Church Scholarship Program uses. This information should ONLY be filled out for those applying to the Donna Johnson Memorial Scholarship and are not criteria for the First Lutheran Church Scholarship.
- All forms are to be submitted electronically through the First Lutheran Website or delivered to the Church office in a sealed envelope labeled “Scholarship Application”.
- All information will be kept confidential and will be used only by the Scholarship Committee(s).